Thursday, March 4, 2010

Paddle Boarding, Ft. Lauderdale



Have you heard of Paddle Boarding? I had not, but the opportunity presented itself to me while I was sitting on our boat one sunny day in Ft. Lauderdale. The lady Paddle Boarder jumped off her board and allowed my husband and I to try this new and exciting sport. The hardest trick of Paddle Boarding for me was moving from prone position to standing position without falling. This took me a few attempts, but after conquering the start position, I was a natural. The board is very stable and wide so balancing yourself while paddling is easy. I couldn’t believe how fast the board could move and how much fun it was. If I had more time this would be my new hobby. Lots of places by the beaches offer rentals for this water sport.  If you have the opporunity, I recommend that you try it!http://www.americanwatersports.net/paddle_boards.html

No comments:

Post a Comment