Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shark Valley, The Everglades

Shark Valley, Everglades National Park

http://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm
On March 6th, my husband and I got invited to join some friends and ride the 15 mile trail at Shark Valley, just west of Miami. Years ago, I had done this with parents, but never with DT and these friends. Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. we loaded our bikes in the truck and drove to the Everglades. WOW! We saw at least 100 alligators, and tons of beautiful birds, butterflies, and flowers; what a great bike ride. The trail is a 15 mile loop through the everglades. At the midpoint of the trail, there is a 65 foot tower which offers a spectacular perspective of the Everglades and offers semi-clean bathrooms. 3-hours later we arrived back to the car. My gluteus was numb and my stomach was growling, but I got some great pictures and spent a fabulous day with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment